Event: Monday 22 march, 11:00 – 12:00 (CET)
- Launch of OECD Water Days and Toolkit for Water Policies and Governance
This high-level virtual meeting with our Secretary-General, Angel Gurría, kicked off OECD Water Days 2021, showcasing the overarching policy guidance developed by the OECD for governments to strengthen their water policies, especially as part of country recovery strategies – notably the Council Recommendation on Water – and testimonies from select ministers on pressing and emerging water challenges.
The OECD Toolkit for Water Policies and Governance was launched to support better water policies for better lives across governments and stakeholders in OECD member and non-member countries.
- Introductory Remarks by Mr. Ángel Gurría, OECD Secretary-General
- Moderator: Mr John Curnow, Chair, OECD Environment Policy Committee
- H.E. Teresa Ribera, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for the Ecological Transition, Spain
- Ms Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management, Netherlands
- H.E. Gilberto Silva, Minister for Agriculture and Environment, Cabo Verde
- Ms Radhika Fox, Acting Assistant Administrator for the Office of Water, US EPA
- Dr Jae-hyeon Park, President of the Asia Water Council, CEO of K-water (video message)
- See the full list of OECD Water Days events
OECD Council Recommendation on Water
Download the Recommendation:
English | Français | Português | Espagñol
Official versions (legal database): English | French
Other related work
- For more information, please contact Xavier Leflaive of the OECD Environment Directorate.
ENGAGE WITH US
- To receive our Environment newsletter, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters.