The 2017 Green Growth and Sustainable Development Forum (GGSD Forum) focused on the investment, innovation and employment aspects of the fast-growing ocean-based industries, together with policies to protect and sustainably use marine and ocean resources and ecosystems.
The GGSD Forum explored how the economic development and conservation needs can be balanced successfully through innovations in established and emerging ocean industries, as well as marine spatial planning instruments.
Issues such as national and international capacity for ocean industry oversight, the role of science and technology (including digitalisation), responsible business conduct and waste management were addressed.
|This event was held as part of:|
Previous forum events and links
The Forum draws on work by:
- the Scientific and Technological Policy Committee (CSTP),
- the Fisheries Committee (COFI),
- the Environment Policy Committee (EPOC),
- the Investment Committee (IC),
- the Shipbuilding Committee (WP6),
- the Development Assistance Committee (DAC),
- the International Transport Forum (ITF), and
- the International Energy Agency (IEA)