The goal of the Forum on Tax Administration (FTA), which brings together Commissioners and tax administration officials from over 50 tax administrations from all regions of the world, is to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and resiliency of tax administration, including through:
- undertaking thought leadership projects, to help administrations respond to current and future challenges and opportunities, including those arising from the rapid digitalisation of the global economy
- supporting the wider international tax policy agenda, including through effective, consistent and timely implementation of global standards
- the co-creation of common approaches, tools and solutions, including through collaboration with business and other stakeholders,
- the sharing of leading practices, knowledge and experiences among experts from across tax administration functions, including through FTA Networks and Communities of Interest.
- a programme of support for capacity building, including through training, peer-to-peer support and knowledge sharing networks, and
- close co-operation with regional tax organisations and international bodies, working in a complementary manner to help to realise the benefits for all tax administrations globally from our collective work programmes and activities.
Commissioner Bob Hamilton of the Canada Revenue Agency was appointed Chair of the FTA in August 2020.