Supporting the Digitalisation of Developing Country Tax Administrations
Published 16 December 2021
Download the report (PDF)
This report has been produced by the OECD Centre for Tax Policy and Administration in collaboration with the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF). The primary purpose of the report is to share information that will assist developing country tax administrations as they consider digitalisation, facilitate dialogue among tax officials on tax administration issues, and identify opportunities to improve tax administration ICT systems. The report examines the common elements of successful digitalisation journeys, and the benefits they deliver. It is not intended as a ‘How to’ guide, as the individual circumstances of an administration should dictate the most appropriate solutions and approaches. Instead it uses insight and examples supplied by tax administrations to highlight important success factors, recent innovations, examples of good practice, and key learning.
- View presentations and documentation related to digitalisation of tax administrations contributed by tax administrations worldwide.
Other OECD work on Digital Transformation
- Tax Administration 3.0: The Digital Transformation of Tax Administration (OECD, 2020)
- OECD Going Digital project
Selected publications by the OECD Forum on Tax Administration
- Unlocking the Digital Economy – A Guide to Implementing Application Programming Interfaces in Government (OECD 2019)
- Implementing Online Cash Registers: Benefits, Considerations and Guidance (OECD 2019)
- The Sharing and Gig Economy: Effective Taxation of Platform Sellers (OECD 2019)
Selected publications by the OECD Going Digital project
- (OECD 2019)
- (OECD 2019)
The Virtual Training to Advance Revenue Administration (VITARA) project—created jointly by the Inter-American Center of Tax Administrations (CIAT), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)—offers online courses to tax administration officials consisting of several short modules.
With time, courses will cover institutional arrangements, management of strategic reforms, compliance risk management, information technology and data management, as well as design and management of core taxation processes.
Information about current offerings as well as how to access the training is available through IMF’s training catalogue by using the search keyword "vitara".
- More about the OECD Forum on Tax Administration
- Contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on social media: @OECDtax (Twitter) & OECD Tax (LinkedIn)