15 March 2022, Webinar
The OECD, along with the International Network for Delivery of Regulation (INDR), held the webinar Reinforcing Trust through Better Regulatory Delivery. The event was introduced by Nick Malyshev (OECD), with a brief presentation on the webinar’s topics, and in particular the interlink between trust and regulatory delivery.
The webinar opened with several presentations from internationally renowned academics, regulators, and practitioners, followed by an interacting part on trust and language before ending with a third set of presentations. It included discussions on challenges, solutions, approaches aimed at addressing the evolving role of regulators in the future and preparing the ground for restoring confidence through better regulatory delivery.
- Building Trust Through Regulatory Excellence, Cary Coglianese Edward, B. Shils Professor of Law and Director of the Penn Program on Regulation, University of Pennsylvania
- Trust, the intangible factor of Regulation, Maria de Benedetto Professor of Administrative Law, Roma Tre University
- Regulation, Regulatory Delivery, Trust and Distrust: Avoiding Vicious Circles, Florentin Blanc Senior Policy Analyst, Regulatory Policy Division, OECD
- The language of Trust, Zoe Adams Teaching Fellow, Linguistics department, Queen Mary’s University
- Enhancing institutional-based trust: the Hellenic Competition Commission case study, Ioannis Lianos President of the Hellenic Competition Commission
- Economic Regulation at a crossroads: a brave New World, Michelle Ashford Chief Operating Officer, Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS)
- Fostering Regulatory Trust through Transparency and Dialogue, Mariana Pereira Executive Board Member, Energy Services Regulatory Authority, Portugal (ERSE)
- Putting Trust to Work: Outcome-Based Cooperative Regulation, Christopher Hodges Emeritus Professor of Justice Systems and Fellow of Wolfson College, University of Oxford
For further information, please contact Florentin Blanc, OECD Regulatory Policy Division.